Arno Bay Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Arno Bay (5603) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 218 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Arno Bay is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Arno Bay was 227 and is comprised of approximately 44.9% females and 55.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Arno Bay is 48 years of age.

90.3% of people living in the suburb of Arno Bay were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.2% United States of America, 1.3% New Zealand.

97.8% of people living in Arno Bay speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Arno Bay is 32.9% No religion, 26.3% Uniting Church, 17.5% Anglican, 7.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.7% Lutheran, 5.3% Catholic, 2.6% Pentecostal, 1.3% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Presbyterian and Reformed.

43.8% of people are married, 27.0% have never married and 16.2% are divorced and 5.4% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Arno Bay.

55.3% of the people living in Arno Bay over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.9% are working on a part time basis. Arno Bay has an unemployment rate of 2.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Arno Bay are 23.5% Labourers, 18.6% Managers, 16.7% Technicians & trades workers, 13.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.8% Professionals, 8.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.9% Sales workers, 2.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 2.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Arno Bay work in are 21.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 11.1% Accommodation and food services, 11.1% Retail trade, 10.2% Health care and social assistance, 5.6% Public administration and safety, 5.6% Construction, 5.6% Education and training, 5.6% Wholesale trade.

44.9% of homes are fully owned, and 30.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $472 per week and the median household income is $787 per week.

The median rent in Arno Bay is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $734 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Arno Bay postcode 5603

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Salisbury North 5108 -> Adelaide -> South Australia